Sunday 3 July 2011

Dinner and a Movie?

I totally missed out on the first set of food on my flight to London and my experience at Wagamama made me want to smack the cook's mama. So I was now hardcore determined to make sure I get my eat on during the flight to Mumbai. Is airline food really that bad? Not at the front of the plane.


Here I had this Lemon Herb Prawn appetizer served cold. The shrimp was definitely refrigerated for quite a while but still tasted surprisingly briny. Diced pineapples provided acid and sweetness while a touch of mint rounded it all off. Usually I only enjoy mint in only two places, my chewing gum, and my cigarettes, but surprisingly, it worked here. 


The salad was just your average mixed green salad with arugula and some kind of indescribable cheese. Villa Sereni Lemon Spice was decent. Ingredients were oil, soy sauce, preservatives, ginger, "natural lemon spice flavor". Not exactly earth-hugger organic but heavy on salt, helped cut the bitterness of the greens well.


I grab a flatbread from the flight attendant's tray but he continues to extend the tray to me with a creepy ass grin on his face. At this point, I was about to ask if his parents ever told him that it's impolite to stare but I just grabbed a sesame crusted roll to get rid of the guy. As soon as I bit into that flatbread, I knew why he hung back, because he knew how hideously chalky that thing was. The roll was warm and there was butter, all is right with the world there.

Dinner was a Murg Makhani served with Lentils and Basmati rice. I'm no Indian food connoisseur but I'm fairly sure chicken with butter sauce usually comes with sauce, mine didn't. Might have read it wrong because the lentils seemed to have butter in it. Nothing to write home about, except you know, the missing sauce. Don't have a picture though. Another lesson learned, leave a phone charger in your carry-on for 20 hour travel plans.

During dinner I watched Rango. Bad. No should watch. Riveting review I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment